Current Version: 2.5.1
Requires Android: 2.2 and up
Get notified about people nearby on FireChat!
It is now easier to invite people to your own firechats.
Improved nearby detection.
FireChat introduces a new way to chat: “off-the-grid”.
Now you can chat with people around you – even if there is no Internet connection or mobile phone coverage.
Whether you’re on the beach or in the subway, at a big game or a trade show, camping in the wild or at a concert, or even travelling abroad, simply fire up the app with a friend or two and find out who else is there.
FireChat enables a new type of communication: “firechats”. These live and anonymous discussion groups can gather as many as 10,000 people simultaneously.
You can create your own firechats about anything that interests you – whether it’s the NY Yankees, Game of Thrones, League of Legends or Italian food.
Get FireChat and start bringing people together.
We’re Open Garden. Welcome to a new era of open communications.
Please meet us on Twitter @OpenGarden and Facebook: http://ift.tt/1mERUqv.
Please help us improve FireChat and get support: http://ift.tt/1abHRC2
• Instantly chat with anyone around you,
• Works even without any Internet connection or mobile phone coverage ,
• Use the “Nearby” mode for off-the-grid communications, up to 200 feet of your location,
• Multihop capabilities extend the range of peer-to-peer communications,
• See what people are talking about all over the country in the “Everyone” mode,
• Create your own firechats for live and anonymous discussions,
• Easy: no Facebook or email login, no password to remember,
• No significant impact on battery consumption,
Nearby could work faster and use less power with Bluetooth LE! Please let the Android developers know you want it by starring this issue: http://ift.tt/1lKNPRX